These are the recipe I found on the net. Unfortunately I didnt recall from which website because I printed them instantly. (masa tu belum ada ipad :P)
The recipe is simple, just pour everything into the mixer, tak payah nak uli dengan tangan. hehehe.
But here's a catch, I tweaked a lil bit by adding a bit of extra milk and flour to make it more gebu and lembut, and I dont the exact measurement for that. Sorry.
According to my mom, to get a "gebu & lembut" doughnuts, you must make sure the dough is "lembik". Hence the extra milk and flour, tapi jangan lembik sangat sebab nanti susah nak tekap.
So here goes.
1 packet of active dry yeast (I use mauripan dried yeast)
2 tablespoon warm water
3 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 cup fresh milk at room temperature
1/4 cup butter, softened
3 egg yolks
2 tablespoon sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
Extra milk and flour
Oil for deep fry
Caster sugar for coating
1. Stir together yeast and warm water until the yeast is dissolved. Let stand and foamy, about 5 minutes.
If yeast didnt foam, discard and use another packet, the yeast might be inactive
2. Mix flour, milk, butter, egg yolks, sugar, salt and yeast mixture into the mixer.
(use the spiral blade)
3. Mix the ingredients at low speed and increase to medium speed.
4. At this point, you need to check the dough, add a lil bit of milk if the dough is a bit hard, or add a lil bit of flour if the dough is runny.
I cant tell you the exact measurement.. it really depends on the dough itself, but roughly I use not more that 1/2cup of milk/flour.
5. Scrape dough down side of bowl into centre, then sprinkle lightly with flour. Cover with clean kitchen towel. Let the dough rise in room temperature, about 2-3hours.
6. When the dough has risen, roll out the dough in a lightly floured surface with rolling pin into 1/2 inch thick.
7. Cut out as many with your cutter, and let it rise again for another 30-45minutes.
8. Heat the oil for frying. You can fry the doughnuts after it has risen for the 2nd time. Make sure the oil is hot and deep fry the doughnuts by turning accasionally, until puffed and golden brown.
9. Coat with caster sugar and wallahhh...your doughnuts is ready.
Cemburu itu bagus
3 hours ago